We are a tiny community interest company trying to do big things. We are run by volunteers, wellness professionals and trauma-informed specialists that want to give back in their spare time. We generally support people living within the Harrogate and Rural Districts (HG postcodes).
We are passionate about improving mental, physical & emotional wellness along with trauma care.
There are certain pathways to access our services:
1. If you are an adult and live within the Harrogate and Rural Districts you can access a free 30 minute telephone triage assessment when funding permits (limited places open from 8th November 2023)
2. If you are an adult living inside or outside the Harrogate and Rural Districts or can pay a £25 donation for a 30 minute telephone triage assessment (all profits go back into the company to help subsidised places and can be redeemed off future services with us). Complete a referral form on the contact us page.
3. If you are a parent or carer of a child living in the Harrogate and Rural Districts you can have a free 30 minute chat by emailing email@example.com Please quote which school your child attends as we may have a Wellness Hub there.
- Psychological education and trauma-informed workshops delivered in Ripon, in house and online
- Psychotherapy, Trauma-focused EMDR, CBT, EFT, PTT, DBT and The Rewind Technique – Ripon
- Neuro-Tapping and EFT – Ripon
- Clinical Hypnotherapy – Ripon/Masham
- Trauma, Tension and Release Therapy – Harrogate
- ASD and ADHD support
- Reiki – Pateley Bridge
- Reflexology, Reiki and Massage – Ripon
- Touch Therapies – Pateley Bridge
- Accredited Psychological Trauma-informed diploma delivered in Ripon, online and in house
- Wild Swimming – Harrogate and Nidderdale
- Outdoor mindfulness within nature
- Student Placements
- Community Wellness Hubs in schools
- Men’s Social Groups
- Outdoor meditation and Sound Therapy Sessions
- Seasonal Trauma-informed Yoga
- CBT Trauma-informed Menopause workshops
- Trauma-informed 2 hour workshops
- 4 session online learning course self-help designed from EMDR Therapy Techniques
Child & Teen Services Ripon
- One to one subsidised therapy
All facilities are subject to availability
We are pleased to say that we are an approved organisation working in conjunction with Living Well North Yorkshire who are the contracted provider for the four Primary Care Networks across Harrogate and Rural District to deliver a social prescribing service across seventeen GP Practices. Social prescribing (also known as community referral) allows GPs, nurses and other healthcare workers to signpost patients to support outside of health services, through community organisations, local support groups and holistic hubs. Social prescribing can be accessed through self-referral, mental health and social care services, pharmacists and hospitals.
Primary Care Networks help integrate primary care with secondary and community services, and bridge a gap between general practice and emerging Integrated Care Systems. GP practices are working together with community, mental health, social care, pharmacy, hospital and voluntary services in their local areas in groups of practices known as primary care networks (PCNs). PCNs build on existing primary care services and enable greater provision of proactive, personalised, coordinated and more integrated health and social care for people close to home. Clinicians describe this as a change from reactively providing appointments to proactively caring for the people and communities they serve.
Please signpost individuals to our contact page.
Our Blended Approach – Neurosequential Theory (Dr. Bruce Perry)
- Top down approach or cognitive (the mind) educating people about the mind and body, the imprint of trauma and interacting memory into the rational brain by talking therapies and hypnotherapy
- Bottom up approach or somatic (the body) encouraging people to re-connect with their bodies, to trust others and build relationships, to spend time in nature, sensory activities, rhythmic and regular self-regulation
- To invite people who have used the centre to become part of a community consultation group
- To remove barriers to recovery
How do we work?
We are passionate about improving wellness, by assessing need by using a triage system then offering advice, signposting, private therapy, therapeutic activities and education where funding permits.
“I am a mental health nurse who has been subject to sexual abuse as a young child, teenager, and adult. I have always pushed the abuse to a deep place within myself hoping that total avoidance would help me overcome the distress I felt. Ultimately it just ended up manifesting itself into prolific self-harm for 20 years.
It was only when a patient I was working with made their own disclosure around sexual abuse that caused all my hidden pushed down emotions to resurface. I attempted to seek help from my local community mental health team and was informed they did not have someone with the skills required to support me, they did however inform me about The Wellness Gateway (formerly known as The Trauma Centre).
I made a quick, easy self-referral and was contacted shortly after by Gail Donnan. She showed empathy, warmth, kindness, and compassion, I felt listened to an understood instantly. Gail became my trauma-focused EMDR therapist, now being a mental health nurse, I knew of EMDR, but I never fully understood what it entailed. Gail explained in a manner which I could understand, and I felt empowered that this would work and my gosh how right she was.
I have had lots of previous support for my mental health but not one person dared to venture into the depths of my troubles except Gail. We challenged them head on and the immense release of emotions, pressure, tension, body aches, I felt afterwards was something beyond being able to describe in words. I cannot thank Gail enough for the support and skills she has shown and taught me throughout my journey, I am forever grateful.“
Collaboration with New Beginnings
New Beginnings are a peer led charitable organisation supporting female survivors of domestic abuse in the Harrogate District. They provide a safe environment for women and their children to re-establish themselves, reach their goals and achieve a happier, healthier future.
Collaboration with One to One Wellness
We are pleased to be collaborating with One to One Wellness based in a secluded spot, 9 miles from Ripon and 2 miles from Pateley Bridge surrounded by open moorland. They have a lovely pond and gardens to enjoy, with lots of native trees and planting.
The moment you arrive you will feel the immense calming energy of the natural environment around you.
The following offer is in relation to anyone who is in need. Two people can be accommodated on the same visit. We ask people to pay a minimum donation to us of £30 per person and we subsidise the rest.
A choice of one of the following 60 minute treatments:
- Indian Head Massage
- Back Massage
- Crystal Healing